Donate to the Big Shoulders Fund SGO
The new Illinois Tax Credit Scholarship Program, made possible by the Illinois Invest in Kids Act, provides donors a unique opportunity to contribute to scholarships that help lower-income families send their children to private schools — while reducing their own tax bill on dollars otherwise owed to the state. Big Shoulders Fund has been approved to participate as a Scholarship Granting Organization(SGO) through this program, which means your donations can support Big Shoulders Fund.
If you would like to learn more about donating to the Big Shoulders Fund SGO please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-751-8337
How to Donate
1. Go to mytax.illinois.gov to create a MyTax Illinois account. As part of the process of creating an account, you must request a “Letter ID” from the Illinois Department of Revenue via the "Individuals" menu on MyTax Illinois, which will be sent via U.S. mail within 7 to 10 business days. Once you receive the “Letter ID,” you will be able to create an account. Taxpayers should request the “Letter ID” now, before the program goes live on Jan. 2, to avoid processing delays. The credits are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis and donors must have a MyTax Illinois account in order to reserve credits.
2. Complete our SGO Donor Intention Form. Interested parties are completing this form so that we may help with the process as much as possible.
3. On Jan. 2, 2018, log in to your MyTax Illinois account to apply for a "Contribution Authorization Certificate" in the amount you plan to contribute toward the Scholarship Granting Organization. Also, designate the region and organization to which your contribution should be directed. (e.g., Big Shoulders Fund, Region 1)
4. You will receive your Contribution Authorization Certificate via your MyTax Illinois account within three days. You then have 60 days to send your contribution and your authorization certificate to a Scholarship Granting Organization such as Big Shoulders Fund.
5. Send your designated contribution to the Big Shoulders Fund. Your timely gift will enable us to begin helping children and families by awarding their new Tax Credit Scholarships! You can send your contributions in via this link.
For your convenience, parties interested in making contributions under this program can see a list of Frequently Asked Questions.